Our domiciliary service provides assessment and treatment of patients requiring physiotherapy input but for whom attending an out-patient department would be difficult or for whom treatment in their own home would be most appropriate.
A therapy team will work with patients to achieve their individual goals. Through liaison with the multi-disciplinary team the therapist can facilitate a successful discharge from hospital, reduce the chance of re-admission or, in some cases, prevent admission.
Conditions suitable for referral include:
- Orthopaedic conditions
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Neurological conditions (eg Parkinsons Disease or post-stroke)
- Musculoskeletal complaints (eg back, neck, shoulder or knee pain)
- Respiratory or breathing issues or pulmonary rehabilitation.
- Loss of or a reduction in mobility/function
- Patients at risk of falling
- Pregnancy-related problems (eg back or pelvic pain)
- Postnatal recovery
Referrals can be made by Consultant, GP or through self referral.
Contact us for more information.
The home visit service provided by Central Health Physiotherapy has been invaluable to me since surgery to replace my hips. The friendly physios have helped me to enjoy my rehabilitation whilst remaining aware of my long term spinal problems. The most useful aspect for me is practising walking outdoors with my walking stick. This has given me the confidence and independence to walk short distances to visit my neighbours on my own. M Crawford