Our domiciliary service provides assessment and treatment of patients requiring physiotherapy input but for whom attending an out-patient department would be difficult or for whom treatment in their own home would be most appropriate.
A therapy team will work with patients to achieve their individual goals. Through liaison with the multi-disciplinary team the therapist can facilitate a successful discharge from hospital, reduce the chance of re-admission or, in some cases, prevent admission.
Conditions suitable for referral include
- Orthopaedic conditions
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Neurological conditions (eg Parkinsons Disease or post-stroke)
- Musculoskeletal complaints (eg back, neck, shoulder or knee pain)
- Respiratory or breathing issues or pulmonary rehabilitation.
- Loss of or a reduction in mobility/function
- Patients at risk of falling
- Pregnancy-related problems (eg back or pelvic pain)
- Postnatal recovery
Referrals can be made by Consultant, GP or through self referral.
Contact us for more information.