We are so pleased to have re-opened our three physio clinics in London, post lockdown, although our Chelsea clinic has temporarily moved to Pimlico. It’s great news for us as clinicians to get back to doing what we love. It is also good news for you as a patient as you now have access to hands-on assessment and treatment.
With the ongoing current situation it is a difficult time for all and for some there is still some apprehension regarding the risks of trying to return to “normality”. As a healthcare company, our primary objective is the safety and wellbeing of our clients and our staff. We are guided by Government policy but also by our governing body, The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP). We are required to adhere to all safety precautions recommended by these two parties.
Due to the nature of the service we provide, we are often very close in proximity to our clients when using manual therapy, assessing joints and supervising exercises. Our clinics have always been very busy, with therapists, the admin team and clients coming and going. But please do not worry, we have made lots of changes to the way we work to ensure we are Covid safe. The good news is that although things may look and feel a little different from before, the quality of what we do, and the treatment we provide has not and will not change.
So here are the changes you may notice on your next visit…
- When arriving at any of our clinics you will have plenty of opportunities to hand sanitise before you get to our reception desk.
- You will no longer have to fill out a registration or consent form on your first visit; this will be sent to you electronically after booking your appointment online or via the phone.
- The waiting areas now have a reduced number of chairs in order to comply with the 2m distance regulations.
- Some of our admin team are working remotely to reduce the number of people in the clinic at any one time.
- Our reception desks are still manned by our admin team, but now have Perspex screens.
- Your temperature will be taken electronically on arrival.
- Our gym space is still in use, but we are limiting the number of people in there at any one time to maintain social distancing between clients.
- Between appointments all our equipment is cleaned with the required agent.
- Appointments are now staggered to allow time for extra cleaning to take place.
- Our therapists wear the required PPE when treating and assessing our clients.
- This includes single-use gloves and apron, medical-grade mask, face guard or eye protection.
- This equipment is disposed of after each appointment.
- There is no compromise in the quality of our service and sessions will continue to involve hands on treatment/assessment as required.
- We politely request that you wear a face covering when entering the clinic and during your appointment.
- Please talk to any member of our staff if you have any questions during your visit.
- We are continuing to provide video appointments for those who cannot access our clinics at this time.
- We have had clinics open since July and we have now got used to the “new way” of working. Ultimately for the therapists our job has not changed. It is great to be able to see our clients face to face again and talk in person to our colleagues.
- We have even got used to working whilst wearing the PPE which presents its own challenges!
- So, on your next visit feel safe in knowing that we are here to help, and no safety aspects will be compromised when providing you with the best possible treatment.
- The same smiley faces will be here to greet you on your arrival, you just need to focus on the eyes!