Strong evidence supports the fact that pulmonary rehabilitation reduces breathlessness, increases exercise ability, such as walking, and improves your quality of life. Central Health Physiotherapy offers an eight-week pulmonary rehabilitation course: physiotherapy to exercise and strengthen your lungs, heart and body.
If you suffer from chronic lung disease and are experiencing increasing breathlessness when doing things you previously found easy, then we can help you.
The pulmonary rehabilitation course:
- includes exercises to reduce symptoms and improve strength and endurance
- teaches you how to best manage your condition
- maximises your function and quality of life
- demonstrates the optimal use of your inhaler
- explains chest clearance techniques if you have problems with phlegm
- provides you with methods of relaxation to save energy, so that you can do the things you want, when you want
The course is held for one hour, twice a week.
Mondays 12.30pm-1.30pm and Thursdays 1.30pm-2.30pm.
Cost: £417 includes 16 sessions and a one-to-one initial assessment.
Meet the Experts
The respiratory physiotherapy service, run by Corrine Ward, takes place on Thursdays at the Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth. Corrine has extensive specialist experience of respiratory conditions from intensive care, the acute setting and through to out-patients with 22 years’ post graduate experience.